News: Flaming June - Paralyse me where I stand (2021)

Picture Credit: Regine Ray Photography


 Flaming June - Paralyse me where I stand
Release Date: August 12, 2021
Length: 02:53
Genre: Folk Rock / Indie Folk
Origin: CambridgeEngland

Lousie Eatock, also known as Flaming June, might be one of the greatest musical discoveries that I made this year. The previous single 'The Ballad of Daniel Dawson' completely blew my mind (read the review here), and 'The Firework Maker's Daughter' is on hot rotation whenever I work at the hostel.
Some weeks ago, Flaming June released a new single, 'Paralyse me where I stand', which will be featured on the upcoming album "Hope in a Jar" together with 'The Ballad of Daniel Dawson' and eight other tracks. You can already pre-order the CD, and here is another good reason why to do so:


Dark harmonies and a melancholic theme open the song, and in its beginning it partially reminds of the stunning duo Molosser. With the dynamic chorus, Flaming June adds a lot of energy and movement to the song. Stuck between the unbearable tempo of the modern world, and the inner need for calm and peace, 'Paralyse me where I stand' changes between paralysingly foggy motifs and heavy dynamics. Flaming June masterfully musicks the theme of her newest sonic narrative and thus raises the anticipation for "Hope in a Jar".

Music from every post will stay in the MangoRotation playlist for 14 days.

This coverage was created via Musosoup #Sustainablecurator

Flaming June Online:
Homepage
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Bandcamp
SoundCloud
YouTube
Spotify

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Mango: February 17, 2022

Mango Playlist Updates: February 05, 2022

News: HOL - Bones (2021)