EP Review: Thrash Bandicoot - Milwaukee Cannibal (2020)

My first thoughts on Thrash Bandicoot's first EP "Milwaukee Cannibal" are:
Oh boy, when's the last time I have played a Crash Bandicoot game?
That name though, guess they're playing Thrash Metal, and
Oh, another Dahmer-themed release?
But enough for the prejudiced thoughts.
The Wollongong-based quartet debuts with their five-track EP "Milwaukee Cannibal", a brutally grooving 25 minutes of highspeed Thrash and Death Metal. Heavy riffing grabs you by the guts while the brachial drums repeatedly punch you in the face and singer Daniel screams the crap out of you. This is just gorgeous. The attribute Thrash cannot be defined clearer as Thrash Bandicoot do.
What Thrash Bandicoot deliver on their EP "Milwaukee Cannibal" might be Groove and Thrash Metal in its most honest form - the music is fast, loud, brutal, and mows everything down without any compromise. This may not be the reinvention of the thrashing metallic wheel, but neither is it the 666th copy of Sodom, Destruction, Slayer etc.
For those about to riot and revolt, I recommend my personal favourite track from the EP 'Class Warfare'. Political lyrics in Thrash Metal always make me very happy and please me a lot more than hommages to mass murderers.
Altogether this is a beutifully brutal EP. I love it. The only small points of criticism from my point of view are that the name Thrash Bandicoot does not quite fit the brachial and honest sound, and also I am a bit fed up with Jeffrey Dahmer (no pun intended).


Thrash Bandicoot Online:
Facebook
Bandcamp
YouTube
Spotify

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Mango: February 17, 2022

Mango Playlist Updates: February 05, 2022

News: HOL - Bones (2021)