Album Review: Self Disgrace - Fetus in Fetu (2020)

Photo Credit: Self Disgrace
Self Disgrace - Fetus in Fetu
Release: March 9, 2020
Format: CD/Digital
Length: 28:53
Origin: Milan, Italy

"Fetus in Fetu" is the second album by Milan-based band Self Disgrace. My first encounters with the album were associated with mixed emotions. The opener 'Deliverance' commences with a gorgeous offset beat and the background vocals murmuring "Ave Satanas". That made me very happy. The onset of the aria-like singing puzzled me though. But once the intro was over Self Disgrace slided into their very own variant of Extreme Metal and I was content again.

The music Self Disgrace is a unique approach to Extreme Metal. Rhythm and Groove are mostly defined by Death and Thrash Metal. The melodies though show strong impact of symphonic music, Heavy Metal and oriental scales. Central to the musical landscape is vocalist Dielle Green whose voice I would loacte somewhere between Doro Pesch and Chuck Schuldiner - stunning singing technique!

For almost half an hour Self Disgrace present a great arc of suspense. Step by step the intensity of their forceful selfrepresentation increases. I must confess, it took me a little while to dive into their music due to the unorthodox style. But once that was done, I could completely let myself go within this occult display of bloodthirsty art.
Photo Credit: Self Disgrace

Self Disgrace rejig old fashioned Death and Thrash Metal and create something completely new without breaking the old style. This is a unique approach to Death an Thrash Metal.

Self Disgrace Online:

Follow MangoWave on Telegram: https://t.me/mangowavereviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Mango: February 17, 2022

Mango Playlist Updates: February 05, 2022

News: HOL - Bones (2021)